Thursday, July 5, 2018

7-5-18 Update

Okay - so all my plans for this blog went out of the window. But, its limited scope and impulse for writing it was pretty good. I may try to rekindle it somehow, even if it ends up not being like it was before. For example, totting up the calories at the end of the day was an act of supreme guesswork. For example, tracking down the right amount of calories for an item I couldn't find on the internet, and did not knowing the serving sizes of, was impossible. The calorie totals therefore could end up as fantasies in my favor, a work of supreme fiction.

Aside from that, I now have a phone app that supposed can track my calories and weight for me. In the year I have used it, I have not lost much weight, but that is mostly because I did not stick to using it in the way it was intended. I am going to try again, but not with an eye to forcing myself to do it, but with an eye of changing a broader behavior that creates, maintains, and inspires a routine. It seems logical to assume that on the path to change, there will be stops and starts. This will be another start after a stop of four years. At least, I hope it will be.

I am also going to maybe use this blog as way to track what I eat, if not how much or how many calories. The phone app is not the best tool for looking back at the history of your meals like writing it down in a blog could be. Therefore, this blog again. After four years. Let's see if we can get any insights through regular use.

No comments:

Post a Comment