Monday, August 20, 2018

Wagons and Such

Fell off the wagon again, and not been eating as much of the healthy stuff as I had been. I have a real problem when it comes to food. I am not eating as much as I have been at the typical fast food places, but I am still eating too much at restaurants, especially the breakfast places that serves large platters of food.

I am also playing around with the idea of intermittent fasting, like everyone else these days. I think it could be possible for me to only eat between 10:30 am and 6 or 7 pm. I am not sure. I am hoping that this, combined with drinking water before meals (especially in the morning), combined with the intermittent fasting thing will get me the results I'd like to have. I also exercised a little by lifting a fifteen pound weight and doing some squats.

However, the greatest challenge before me is not these little modifications to my food and exercise habits (which is important), it is developing the habits and consistency to not fall off the wagon or backslide into hopelessness. I cannot fight aging, but I do think that I can learn to cook healthy, develop life-long habits, and change in the face of difficulty, no matter what those difficulties may be. Re-orienting my perspective and transforming my point of view (permanently) is the real change I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment