Monday, December 15, 2014

Getting Serious with This

For whatever reason, I stopped doing this blog. It could have been a problem with simple motivation to continue, or a larger external problem that made it easier to quit. Whatever the case, I have to start up again. I weighed myself this morning and wasn't too surprised to see the result but was also saddened by it.

I know our society over values physical appearance and youth. However, I'd like to lose weight to both improve the look of my midsection and to be healthier. I probably have sleep apnea, my knees twinge every once and awhile, and I'm not getting good rest at night. All of these troubles will only get worse as I age. I am still young enough to do something about all of this.

Therefore, in light of all of the above, I am going to try and be more serious about this blog. I will track my food intake to help me see where my problems. I am also more committed to learning to cook, and more committed to cutting out sugar and refined carbs. I am certain these things are the worst issues. Depending on the cost (which I can hardly afford), I will also look at attending a gym. I hope to see results.

No comments:

Post a Comment